Story behind the Story - Part 6 - #Horses

My family always had horses. I learned to ride a horse before I learned to ride a bike. We participated in rodeo, and my dad’s idea of a family vacation was a pack trip into the mountains of Wyoming. I’ve included horses in a number of my novels, including each novel in The Beartooth Chronicles. Every horse has its own personality, and it’s hard not to form a deep connection to the right horse. I’ve seen horses that seem to have a sense of humor, are grumpy, or that love attention. Most are loyal and strong, and I’ve encountered many who have so much heart that they would never give up, a trait which can’t help but inspire awe. 

Horses play a practical role in the series. Not everyone is comfortable with the powerful animals, but those who are, depend on them often for survival. I hope you will join in the adventure starting with, Refuge from the World (The Beartooth Chronicles, Book 1). It is available in ebook and print from most major online booksellers. Order your ebook from Amazon at https://amzn.to/3wwE9ZV or in paperback at https://amzn.to/49CiTkior find buy links to other online booksellers in the Beartooth Chronicles’ page on this blog. Book 2, Above the Abyss, was recently released, and book 3 is slated for fall 2024.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author