Christmas #Nativity Collector

I’ve always been a bit of a Nativity scene collector. I currently have six different scenes (not counting ornaments), all with a story. My collecting began the first Christmas after I got married. My mom gave me the Holy Family group of a collectable bisque porcelain set. Each year she gave me another figurine until I had the key pieces. This set will always be special since it was the first . 

My second nativity is hand-carved in beautiful woodI got it in Ecuador and it took several days of negotiating to get the price down to something I could afford, but when I saw it, I knew I had to have it




The third, my husband and mother-in-law picked up a yard sale. At least they were thinking of me while I was at work.










One of my most precious will always be the one I got after my grandmother’s passing. It was hand-painted by her friend and every time I look at it, I think of my wonderful grandma.

The fifth, my mom picked up while she and I were doing some volunteer work in Mexico. It needed a little TLC, but mom brought it home, touched it up and every time I look at it I think of the time we spent together in Mexico. 
The newest addition to my collection was given to me by a co-worker and good friend. She knew how much I enjoyed Nativity scenes, so always gave me something for Christmas with that theme. I hope the photos do them justice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author