Adventure Inspired Writing

Though not a guest, I couldn’t resist adding a post to the mix on how adventure inspires writing. I love to experience new cultures and environments and many of these attributes and characteristics often find their way into my stories. Those who follow my work may have noticed that Mexico has shown up more than once. Primarily, it’s a place I’ve spent a great deal of time exploring as a traveler, day-tripper and volunteer. The country is a geographically diverse area of beaches, mountains, deserts and jungles and all hold their own unique beauty and story. Some of my most favorite sites to visit are the Mayan ruins, and I have used Chichén Itzá and Cobá as jumping off points for several novels, Marked in Mexico and Deadly Ruins. It’s impossible to visit these archeological treasures and not feel the mystery.  The Mayan people still reside throughout the area, yet there remains much disagreement as to the reasons the grand cities were abandoned.  Remarkably well preserved ruins dot the landscape of the Yucatán Peninsula providing speculation and ample fodder to nourish the imagination.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author