Here are some simple safety tips. They may seem obvious, but it’s always good to remind oneself prior to picking up that knife.
· If using a pumpkin carving kit, choose one appropriate for your child's age and skill level.
· Do not let a young child use a knife.
· Always point knives away from you.
· Keep your free hand away from the direction of the knife.
· Use slicing motions and never force the knife.
· When using candles to light a Jack O'Lantern, do not leave it unattended, or better yet, for indoor lighting, use battery operated pumpkin lights.