Alvarado Gold

I would like to introduce writer, Victoria Pitts-Caine. Her latest novel, Cairo, is scheduled to be released next week and is a sequel to Alvarado Gold. In anticipation of this exciting event I wanted to share a little bit about Alvarado Gold, where Addie’s adventures begin. 

Victoria first attempted writing twenty years ago when she published a small article in an adoptive parent magazine.  Then her super-mom gene took over and she enjoyed the events surrounding her daughters' lives:  school, sports, music, dance and cheer. 

When her oldest left for college and the empty nest syndrome set in, Victoria began researching her family genealogy.  After several years of investigation, she felt some of the family stories needed to be told.  From one of them, her first novel began to take shape.  

Alvarado Gold is an inspirational novel with a mixture of adventure, intrigue and romance. The heroine, Addie Brown, reconnects with her cousins at her grandfather's funeral, but there’s one cousin missing, Donnie. Is it by choice or does he have some other motive? As she's researching family documents, one of which refers to gold buried near the small Texas town of Alvarado, she meets Gary Wright, who touches her empty heart.  Gary insists on helping Addie and her cousins with their quest, but then strange occurrences and threatening notes lead her to believe Gary is working with Donnie. Addie tries to unravel the family secrets, be the first to reach the gold and deal with her own indecision. Should she trust Gary? If she does, she’ll need to tell him the secret she’s kept hidden in her heart.    

Other than writing, Victoria enjoys reading, craft work, and collectibles.  She is also an exotic gemstone collector and a HAM radio operator. 

Blurb: 

As the hot, oppressive Texas heat takes the breath from her lungs, Addie Brown stands at her grandfather's grave. Deep within her, she senses her anchor to family is gone. She looks across the freshly dug chasm at three of her four cousins. Nothing more than smiling faces on Christmas cards and vacation photos, she remembers once when they were close but something happened.

Snapping her back to reality, the minister reads, To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. She wonders when will be my time? But Addie has bargained with God and lost and she feels she can never share her secret with anyone. But through an unusual turn of events, she realizes there is a truth and meaning to the passage from Ecclesiastes that begins to drive her life.
 

Excerpt: 

Mollie wrapped her leash around my legs. When my neighbor, Mrs. Nicholson’s, white Persian came into view, I knew I was in trouble. I dropped the leash but not before Mollie’s chase spun me around. I twisted around like a rangy ballerina attempting her first pirouette, landing next to the back tire, unharmed and embarrassed. So much for a light-footed first impression.  

When Gary realized I wasn’t hurt, he tried hard not to laugh at me, “Are you okay?” 

“I will be as soon as we get Mollie corralled. Let’s go.” 

From the heat I felt on my cheeks, I knew they were the same color as the car. How graceful could I be? I couldn’t even stand on my own two feet. Gary offered me his hand. I couldn’t help but catch his infectious laugh. He pulled me up. I swung in closer to him than I’d intended and for one brief moment, we stood toe-to-toe. I looked up at him and my blush grew deeper. Stepping back, I made room for him to reach the door handle. He placed his other hand on my waist. Opening the door, he guided me into my seat. He reached over and buckled the belt, turned and whistled for Mollie. 

Lifting Mollie into the back seat, he brushed his lips across my forehead. “There, all tucked in.” 

I touched his arm. He came closer, I closed my eyes and he kissed me full on the mouth. It was a long, passionate kiss leaving me hoping for more. 

I heard the little voice, Be careful, Addie. Don’t go too fast. Silly little voice. 

Purchase link (tiny URL for Amazon):  http://tinyurl.com/oofq4b8


Comments

  1. I'm sold. "Alvarado Gold" has to go on my list of gotta read books. "Cairo", too! Carlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim, for letting me visit your blog. I hope you like Alvarado Gold, Carlene. The book gives a little background to the characters in Cairo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read "Alvarado Gold" and felt lots of adventure along with romance. I loved the major point, too, about the relative importance of different things in our lives--family and friends vs wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bonnie. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author