Eating Seasonally

I hadn’t thought much about it even though I’d done it most of my life, but when traveling in Italy, I often heard the phrase, “eating seasonally.”  The concept makes sense whether you grow your own produce or buy it from the store. I find there are certain recipes I only make in the summer, such as quinoa griddle cakes with black bean salsa and zucchini enchiladas, among many other zucchini recipes when harvests become overwhelming. Even if you don’t garden, the concept of eating seasonally still makes sense, prices are often lower in-season and the produce is better quality.  I’ve also found that I look forward to certain dishes when they define a season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author