OCTOBER 2026 WRITING AND WANDERING #NEWSLETTER

Fall is in full swing. The garden is cleaned out for the season, days are getting short, mornings are cool and crisp, and the tree leaves are turning colors, painting the landscape in beautiful hues of red, orange, and yellow. College sports are here, which is always an exciting time. My favorite sport is volleyball (more on that wandering below). And, the holidays will be coming fast.

WRITING

A Recipe for Revenge, the fifth novel in the Risky Research series, just went under contract. I don’t have a release date yet, but I’m guessing late 2027. I’m very excited to have a new novel coming out in the foreseeable future. All of the other novels in the series are free to read with Kindle Unlimited, and the two short prequels are always free to download from your favorite online book seller. Now’s the time to get up to speed before the next novel in the series is released. Here’s a bit about the series.

What if a powerful organization secretly controlled the multibillion-dollar diet, nutrition, and health-product industry—and would stop at nothing to protect its empire?

But someone is fighting back, and she is determined to expose the truth and bring the organization to justice.

Across the series, the battle unfolds through the dangerous worlds of miracle weight-loss pills, artificial sweeteners, corporate influence, politics, and powerful lobbyists. Each book exposes another piece of the deadly game—and the people willing to risk everything to stop it.

WANDERINGS

In September we embarked on a major road trip that took us through Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Nebraska. The idea for the road trip started with plans to attend a volleyball tournament in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. We realized that the following weekend, Creighton would be playing in another tournament at home in Omaha, Nebraska. Between the tournaments we explored Voyagers National Park and made it to the Boundary Waters in Northern Michigan. We were also able to fit in an enjoyable visit with family. The volleyball tournaments were exciting, the scenery and exploration were remarkable, and it was wonderful to see family.

WHAT I’M READING, WATCHING, AND LISTENING TO…

I’m just starting Zero Signal: Grid Down by S.E. O’Keefe. I know nothing about this book or author, but it sounded interesting and I like to try new authors so my reading list doesn’t get stale. 

I finished When Among Crows by Veronica Roth. The subject matter wasn’t really my taste, but the writing was good. I’m not sure what to say about the novel, so I’ll just leave it at…hmmm?

I’ve just discovered a new series based on the Anna Pigeon novels by Nevada Barr. I read most of her Anna Pigeon novels. I found them interesting since each novel is set in a National Park, many of which I’ve visited and some I’ve worked in. So far, I’ve enjoyed the show. If you’re a fan of Longmire by Craig Johnson, it’s kind of along that line so you might enjoy Anna as well.

I’m planning on attending my second Styx concert so that’s been my primary play list lately. The first time I saw them I was blown away. I hope the second is just as awesome.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Most of my novels (depending on publisher) are available through all the major online booksellers. On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kim-McMahill/e/B007IK0EJW/. Be sure to follow my newsletter using the sign-up form on my blog at https://kimmcmahill.blogspot.com. For frequent posts, please follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KimMcMahillAuthor/.

Thank you for your continued interest in my fictional and real-life adventures.

Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author

Giveaway Blog Hop