AUGUST 2026 WRITING AND WANDERING NEWSLETTER

July was a crazy month with the holiday, garden, and travel, so it’s time to take a deep breath and chill. The garden is finally starting to really produce after a cold start to the summer, but my thoughts are already turning to the fall sports season, especially pre-season college volleyball.

WRITING

I’m still waiting on news on a couple of irons I have in the fire. Hopefully, I’ll have something to share soon. In the meantime, be sure to subscribe to my newsletter using the link on my blog to have it emailed directly to you so that you don’t miss any upcoming announcements.

WANDERINGS

In July we took a couple weeks to explore eastern Europe via the Danube River. Due to persistent drought, several sections were experiencing historic low water levels and were no longer navigable, turning some of our river journey into a bus tour. Despite a number of interruptions, it was still an educational and wonderful trip. Seeing and learning about the struggles in the area with communism and the wars that tore Yugoslavia apart was heart-wrenching. However, it is a beautiful and culturally rich area that is still working hard to recover and thrive. I hope that everyone can learn from the devastation left in the wake of communism and war.

WHAT I’M READING, NOTABLE NOVELS, and INSPIRING AUTHORS

I finished reading The Cradle of Ice by James Rollins. It’s book two of the Moonfall Saga. I generally love all of James Rollins books, but it is probably my least favorite of his novels. I also read, The Grid (The Sentinel’s Legacy Series Book 1) by Terry Schott. It was a pretty good book, but some of the technology was hard to grasp so I’m still debating on whether or not to continue the series.

I’m currently reading Survive the Chaos (Small Town EMP: Book 1) by Grace Hamilton. I love reading and writing books about surviving after catastrophic events. So far, it’s been an entertaining read.

ADDITIONAL INFO: Most of my novels (depending on publisher) are available through all the major online booksellers. On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kim-McMahill/e/B007IK0EJW/. For timely updates and content, please follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KimMcMahillAuthor/.

Hope your summer has been going well. Thank you for your continued interest in my fictional and real-life adventures.

Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Blogfest – Did I Notice Your Book?

Free ebook and Fascinating Author