OCTOBER 2024 WRITING AND WANDERING #NEWSLETTER

I hope everyone is settling into fall nicely. My only problem with fall is that it is the precursor to winter. I’m not a fan of the cold and have aspirations of becoming a snow-birder one day. So far that hasn’t happened, but a girl can dream.

WRITING

While I wait for the next round of edits to come back for Isolated from Anarchy (The Beartooth Chronicles, Book 3). I’m working on book 6. The first two novels in the series, Refuge from the World (Book 1) and Above the Abyss (Book 2), are out, so if you haven’t jumped into this epic series, there is no better time than the present. I hope you will join Ashley and Caleb as they embrace the challenges of learning about love, dealing with tragedy and grief, protecting their community from deadly predators and ruthless neighbors, and experiencing amazing adventures while trying to find solutions to a rapidly changing environment and deteriorating world.

Here's a very short excerpt from Refuge from the World:

Caleb stowed the binoculars and looked over at Ash. “How are you holding up?”

“Physically, I’m tired, but otherwise I’m fine. I’d be lying though, if I said I wasn’t still shaken from the last two nights, and that’s probably causing a little paranoia.”

“Paranoia?”

“The horses are agitated and walking a lot faster than usual without any encouragement from us. Back there a bit, goosebumps ran up my arms, and I keep getting the sensation we’re being watched.”

“If that’s paranoia, I guess we both have it,” Caleb said.

WANDERINGS

So far, all of my wandering this fall has revolved around high school and college volleyball. When we travel somewhere to support our teams, we try to include fun, beautiful, or educational stops along the way. Highlights so far have been Mt. Rushmore National Memorial, Badlands National Park, and Glacier National Park. We also took in some inspiring museums, interesting state parks, and gorgeous scenery.

WHAT I’M READING

I finished Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. Even though it took me a while to get into it, the story didn’t disappoint. It was filled with all of the dystopian action, suspense, and thrills you can expect from Roth. I just started Hidden Danger by Gail Pallotta. I’ve read a number of her books, so I’m confident it will be an entertaining read.

MORE INFORMATION: You can find all of my books on Amazon through my Author Page at https://www.amazon.com/Kim-McMahill/e/B007IK0EJW/. Most of my books are also available through the other major online book sellers. For more on my work and how to connect on social media, visit the pages on the sidebar on my blog.  

There is also a signup form if you would like this monthly newsletter emailed to you on the first Friday of each month.

Thank you for sharing in my fictional and real-life adventures. Happy fall!

Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author