SEPTEMBER 2024 WRITING AND WANDERING #Newsletter


I can’t believe that summer is almost over. I generally love summer, but this one has been a season of rollercoaster temperatures, lots of smoke from wildfires, and a host of other not-so-pleasant issues, so I won’t be a sad as I am most years to see it go.

As an avid gardener, it is fun to watch the garden grow all summer and to be able to enjoy fresh produce as it matures, but there is something special about fall. It is a time to take stock of the garden’s bounty, assess successes and failures, and stow all the supplies for next year. It’s also time to slow down and enjoy the cooler temperatures and changing colors. I hope this fall can also be a time of rejuvenation for all.


WRITING

Six of my backlist titles were featured in Amazon’s August daily deals. Each book was discounted on the scheduled day, but I noticed that the discounted price stuck around for few days to weeks afterward. So, if you’ve missed any of my novels or want to give one a try, check now. Some ebooks may still be $1.99 on Amazon.

I’ve been working with my awesome editor on edits for book 3 in The Beartooth Chronicles, Isolated from Anarchy. We’re looking at a fall 2024 release. The first two novels in the series, Refuge from the World (Book 1) and Above the Abyss (Book 2), were released earlier this year.  My publisher often discounts books in a series ahead of a new release, so check on Amazon or follow me on Facebook for notices at https://www.facebook.com/KimMcMahillAuthor/

WANDERINGS

My husband and I made a couple of short road trips in August. Between the garden, a few health issues, and family obligations, we didn’t get far nor were we gone long, but it was still nice to get away. I’m looking forward to more adventures later this year.

WHAT I’M READING

I finally finished Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. It was original and interesting. I liked much of it, but I’m still mulling over what I thought of the novel as a whole. I’m now reading Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. I’m having a difficult time getting into it. It may be my state of mind at the moment, though I’m confidents it will pull me in soon.

MORE INFORMATION: You can find all of my books on Amazon through my Author Page at https://www.amazon.com/Kim-McMahill/e/B007IK0EJW/. Most of my books are also available through the other major online book sellers. For information on all of my work and more, visit the pages on the sidebar on my blog (“hamburger” button if viewing on your phone). There is also a signup form if you would like this monthly newsletter emailed to and a page with links to all of my social media platforms. I would love to connect!

Thank you for sharing in my fictional and real-life adventures, and I hope you enjoyed your summer.

Kim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author