#Christmas Traditions

 


Even in a normal year, I’m not really gung-ho about all the commercial trappings associated with Christmas. We generally put up a tree that we trim with handmade ornaments or ornaments that were acquired during our travels or that have other special meaning. But what I enjoy the most, is my nativity scenes and this year they happen to all fit in the same cabinet. Each one has a special meaning. My mom started one set for me the first year I was married (34 years ago), giving me an additional piece each Christmas until the company discontinued the set. One belonged to my grandma, one was handmade in Ecuador and I purchased it in a local village market, and one my mom bought me in Juarez, Mexico while we were there doing volunteer work many years ago. The smallest one was purchased during a major event that occurred in our lives eighteen years ago that we overcame, so it symbolizes triumph. This year, though, the nativity sets are what makes this Christmas feel just a little bit normal. I hope everyone has a tradition or decoration that will provide a bright spot this year and evoke good Christmas memories.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author