Same Crystal Skulls Different Story


We recently finished watching all of the Indiana Jones movies in order. The last movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, was entertaining but it has always been my least favorite of the series for several reasons. First, I’m not a huge fan of alien stuff. Second was its timing. 
I had finished Shrouded in Secrets and had just started shopping the manuscript around to publishers when I saw the promo for the movie. I was devastated. I quit sending the manuscript out and shelved it until many years later. When I mentioned it to my publisher, who had published Marked in Mexico, she wanted to see it. Thankfully, it was accepted and published. 
Even though my novel was set in current times rather than the 1930’s, has nothing to do with aliens, and has very little else in common with the movie, it is based on the same thirteen legendary crystal skulls. I’ve always been very proud of the novel. It is the action-packed archeological thriller I dreamed of writing and I actually had visions of someone wanting to make a movie based on the novel. 
The action takes the reader on an adrenaline-fueled quest around the world and follows multiple characters until the stories collide in Peru. Anyway, seeing the movie always makes me a little emotional and reminds me that I still love Shrouded in Secrets and it will always hold a special place in my heart.  
The book is available at all the usual online retailers and is available on Amazon in audio, ebook (including Kindle Unlimited), and print at  https://www.amazon.com/Shrouded-Secrets-Kim-McMahill-ebook/dp/B07NMV5V1L/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author