Adventure Scrapbook – Newport, Rhode Island

Though I have been to New York City several times, I know little to nothing about the east coast of the United States or New England culture. I just finished up traveling along the east coast of the U.S. and Canada and was amazed at the beauty along the coast, the historic buildings, and charm of the towns and cities. Newport, Rhode Island was a special place. I got the impression it might be a little overrun with visitors during the summer, but we found it slowing down. As we walked through town, classic cars rolled by on their way to a car show out at the fort. We stumbled onto a boat restoration school and were invited in by the only student working that day to check it out. But, best of all was the food. It was exciting to finally enjoy my first lobster roll and I look forward to future visits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author