Small-Plot Gardening and Freedom

I love my tiny garden. Most people would find it laughably small, but by the end of June I had enjoyed lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, a host of herbs from lemon grass to basil, rosemary, mint and chives, and enough zucchini that I was able to share with friends. I recently watched a show on Cuba. It appears things are slowly changing for the better, but during the strict days of Communism subsistence farming was prohibited. Wow – why wouldn’t a government want its people to try and feed themselves? I’ll leave that perplexing question to those who understand politics. I tend to look at things through a more logical lens, and as we all know, politics no matter what the system and logic seldom belong in the same discussion. So, for now I’ll continue to appreciate the bounty of my small garden and the freedom to grow it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author