Small Plot Gardening

As mentioned in an earlier blog post, I have a tiny garden, but I get a lot of produce out of the small space.  The garden is an evolutionary work in progress. Each year I experiment with different configurations and a variety of vegetables to maximize yields. Not only does the tall bean-trellis in the center and back allow for a lot of beans in a tight spot, but it’s a decorative focal point. I also consider harvest times. Peas are generally here and gone before many plants really get going, so they can be planted close together. This year I miscalculated the size of Beefsteak tomatoes, plants and produce, which have provided too much shade for the neighboring chili peppers, but it’s hard to complain when I see the size of the tomatoes. I’ll make a few changes next year and maybe someday I’ll be satisfied.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author