Cautiously Optimistic


I was feeling a little guilty about not doing the obligatory New Year’s post, so here it is. Recapping 2016, I’d have to give the year a neutral rating, though as a whole we still feel lucky and blessed. We had our share of stress from moves, jobs, and a few minor family health issues and dramas. On the flip side, the move brought us closer to home and back to an area we love, we enjoyed a couple exciting travel adventures, and the negatives could have been a whole lot worse. On a national scale our country experienced unprecedented nastiness and negativity.

Looking forward into 2017, I’m remaining cautiously optimistic. By nature I am a bit of a pessimist, but I so desperately want to believe that 2017 will be the year that our country gets back on track. There are many national issues that are beyond most of our control like plugging the holes in our cyber-security and stopping terrorism, but there are many small things we can all do. So for the upcoming year I hope to see a new trend develop where everyone treats each other with more caring, consideration, respect, and civility.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author