Calling All Thriller and Adventure Movie Buffs

Seldom will you find me in a movie theater. I’m pretty picky. I like a good comedy, and I love adventure.  But, I’ll pass on any tear-jerker or “feel good” movie, and it takes a special drama to pique my interest.  

I’m tired of remakes and movies based on comic books or 1970’s sitcoms. There are so many great adventure novels out there that I’m always stunned by how un-original the movie line up can be. But the movie forecast has me truly excited for the first time in a very long time.

On July 29, 2016 Jason Bourne will be released. It’s been an eternity since the last Bourne movie with Matt Damon and I’ve undergone severe withdrawals.  The Bourne series is based on thrillers by American novelist Robert Ludlum.

And, the good news continues. Map of Bones by one of my top three favorite authors, James Rollins, is also being made into a movie. I haven’t found a release date, but I’m hoping it’s a huge success. The entire Sigma Force series would make for amazing movies.

I was disappointed that Sahara was the only Clive Cussler book made into a movie, since all of his Dirk Pitt adventures would be great movies.  Maybe someday we’ll see another.


Hopefully the pending release of two movies based on novels by amazing adventure/thriller/suspense authors is the start of a trend and we’ll see more great adventure novels find their way onto the big screen, maybe even one of mine. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author