Adventures In Food – A Truly Multi-Cultural Experience

I had the opportunity a number of years back to accompany a volunteer group on a mission trip to Mexico. We started out working with its “sister” church in Juarez before heading further into the interior of Mexico to help with some projects at their educational facility in the Rio Chico area. Before leaving Juarez, our local counterparts wanted to go out to dinner at their favorite restaurant and invited some Canadian volunteers to join us. I don’t know why it surprised me, but when we pulled up to a Chinese restaurant I had to smile. Here I was with a group of Canadians, Mexicans, and Americans eating at a Chinese Restaurant in Juarez, Mexico.  I had expected Mexican food, but to the locals that would be like going out for “home cooking,” so if they’re in the mood for something different and ethic I’m sure Chinese food made perfect sense.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author