Love of Adventure Starts Young


I was asked recently why I write adventure stories. My initial response was, “it’s what I enjoy reading and watching at the movie theater.”  Many questions later I realized my bias toward the action-adventure genre goes deeper and developed at an early age.   I grew up with unlimited access to open spaces. I rode ponies, horses or dirt bikes from as far back as I can remember.  My dad’s idea of a family vacation involved a pack trip into rugged mountain country, and I was an avid downhill skier. I probably took those experiences for granted, but each one helped shape my perception of entertainment.  Even as my leisure-time exploits inevitably tame, I can always live vicariously through my stories and I hope everyone who picks up one of my books can escape into a world of action-packed adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International Book Readers

Summer Lovin’ Blog Hop

Free ebook and Fascinating Author